Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | School Lunch Menus | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Snow-covered furnace vents caused hospitalizations

January 30, 2014
Associated Press

NEW ULM, Minn. (AP) — Two of the three people who were sickened by carbon monoxide at their New Ulm home remain hospitalized.

Authorities say the incident serves as a reminder to check your home's outdoor furnace vents to make sure they're clear of snow.

Ninety-three-year-old Arnold Schweiss and his 90-year-old wife, Velma, are in satisfactory condition at Hennepin County Medical Center. Their son was treated and released from New Ulm Medical Center Monday.

KEYC-TV (http://bit.ly/1npsMG7 ) reports police say snowdrifts around the home's exhaust and intake vents caused carbon monoxide to build up in their house and sickened the three.

___

Information from: KEYC-TV, http://www.keyc.tv

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web