NEW ULM - Autopsy reports for two Springfield men whose bodies were found in their rural Springfield home Dec. 21 indicate carbon monoxide poisoning resulted in their deaths.
According to Brown County Sheriff's Office investigator Leah Krenz, a furnace damper in the home apparently was not functioning properly and the deaths of Nathan Scott Potter, 30, and Adam Lloyd Philip Jensen were ruled accidental by a Mayo Health Care System, Mankato Medical Examiner.
One of the men was found in an upstairs hallway, the other on a family room couch, according to the sheriff's office. The Springfield Fire Department, of which Potter was a member, ventilated the home.
Funeral services for the men were held last week. The sheriff's office investigation is considered closed.